After adding in a new layer to my image, and with the use of www.dafont.com I could browse at the different designs I could use. I originally wanted a style that looked hand drawn to go with the creative and informal theme of the magazine. I though styles that looked like American university banners would fit well, especially as that writing would fit with the age range the magazine will be made for. Here were the main few id selected as possibility's:
After putting both my original choice and the experimental choice together, I decided that I preferred the font that I had picked randomly! I feel that the original one was too harsh against the soft edited image, and that the new one worked much better. its rounded ends and thin lines shape well with the soft edges of the photo, keeping its delicate yet interesting look.
So after deciding on the new font I made it large to fit the page. Normally other magazine brands pick a colour from the image and use it to colour the mast head, however I thought black would keep the simplicity of the cover, with the curly writing and main image enough to grab the readers attention. I placed the mast head at the top with a few centimetre gap, making sure when its printed there is no run off. Therefore I had finished creating my initial design for my college magazine!




No comments:
Post a Comment