When
organising my interview with the artist featuring in my double page spread, I
had to come up with the questions I would ask them. I wanted questions that not
only gave information about their style and personality, but ones that were
interesting and dug deep into the emotions and struggles of getting into the
music industry. I looked in existing music magazines such as Rocksound and
Kerrang! To give me inspiration for questions, which proved rather popular. I especially
chose questions which the artist/band gave good answers as this gave me
confidence that they would work well within my interview. So after scanning at
least 10 magazines I sieved my choice to these 12 questions that I thought
would be the most interesting and appropriate for my interview:
1. What’s been your favourite
experience of the tour so far?
2. How do you fit this around your
life/ other work/ education?
3. How would you summarise your
style?
4. Which festivals would you like to
play at in the future?
5. Do your songs reflect anything in
your life at the moment, any previous relationships?
6. What can we expect from your
debut album " "?
7. Who would you most like to
collaborate with?
8. Which other artists to you listen
to/get inspiration from?
9. Was it a struggle getting into
the music industry?
10. Would you say your music reflects
your personality?
11. Do you have any future songs/
album ideas in mind?
12. Is being in the music industry
how you imagined it?
13. Who would you compare yourself
to?
14. Have you always dreamed to become
this big or is your success a constant surprise?
15. And finally, give your readers
three reasons why they should check out your live shows!
I will ask these questions
in a different order as I don't want to intimidate the artist, instead making
them feel relaxed with the situation. Also when writing it out, I will not just
put the question and answer plainly in the columns, but will make it like a
proper article which will flow better.
No comments:
Post a Comment