Like any magazine, there is normally a noticeable house
design that each issue follows, whether it’s the use of font, colours or
layout. To make mine professional I wanted to make one for my magazine. I got
my main inspiration from the existing music magazine 'The Fly' that is
displayed slightly different to the usual layout. Each page used a 2cm rim
round the images and text, meaning that everything was very ordered and no
fancy backgrounds or colours were used behind text. I liked this simplicity so
thought I’d include this 2cm rim to each of the pages of mine. Also I had
previously talked on my mood board about using only pastel colours for font
colouring and colour editing of pictures. I would use black when text needs to
be visible, but I thought this choice in colour would make it more interesting.
These are the colours I intend to use:
Also for the text in my magazine I wanted 3 main fonts I
would use throughout the magazine. I wanted something that would match my
masthead, both simply shaped and a sans serif which made the text less formal.
I looked on Microsoft word for fonts they had available. Impact seemed like a
good one to use as it was bold and would work well for the larger cover lines
on the fro cover, as well as the pull quotes in the main article. I also found
Gulim, a simple body text that was a sans serif setting and was easy to read. I
thought this would look especially good in the main text of the article as it
was fine and delicate. Finally I though having a sans serif font for everything
would make it look all the same, so when I came across Nyala I thought this
would work perfectly. With a serif shaped text, it would work well on the
contents page text and as the title to some of the cover lines on the front
cover. Therefore I chose these three texts to complete my house design:

No comments:
Post a Comment