After I collected feedback on what to improve, I started to act on my front cover. The first thing I did was changed some of the colouring of the cover lines to make them more eye-catching. looking at a colour wheel to get inspiration, I settled with a pale yellow that contrasted well with the purple. this made the pull quote stand out better, as well as the other cover lines. I also changed the font and size of the cover line 'Gig Lists' that worked better with the image.
I was then told to reduce the size of the barcode to make it look more professional and less dominant to the front cover. Doing this gave more focus to the main cover line and pull quote.
I then moved on to improving my contents page. One of the things I thought would work particularly well to demonstrate it was a contents page was to use the font I created for my masthead in the heading for the contents page. Rearranging and adding a few more letters, I created the word on Photoshop all from scratch that would keep up the house design of the front covers masthead. I thought this would still keep up my indie music image with the Aztec font included.
Whilst creating this, I started to change the basis of my first draft of my contents page. As people commented saying to show a consistent house design I changed the text colour to the same purple as the front cover to make it follow through better. Also, the main image of the page is Nate Russ from FUN singing, so I thought id include a pull quote next to him to reference the article. Moreover within the image there is someone holding a phone. I thought this would be the perfect icon to relate with downloading the magazine on multiple platform's that would again tie in the idea of young people reading this on their latest gadgets, and is then more convenient for them.Adding to the idea of getting this magazine shared on other multiple platforms, I included symbols such as the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Email with related links where readers can then connect with the magazine and comment on recent articles and events. I especially included Instagram links as there is a relating article, as well as a main indie trend is to post new outfits and everyday life on there in an interesting way, so directly links with the genre of my magazine.
going back to my masthead font, I finally assembled the letters together to spell out 'contents'. originally I was going to the use the c and o within the word, yet the circle already within the c acted as an o in this case, which made it more interesting. I added a drop shadow to the heading to make it stand off the page too. also with the lens flairs within the image, this worked even better and they stood out more prominently this way.
Finally I wanted to add some more images that gave an idea as to the other artists and articles within the magazine. Within Photoshop, I edited them so they each had an overlaying colour gradient of violet(again tying the colour scheme of the house design) and added a drop shadow to each to make them more prominent. also in terms of page numbers, I created a small airbrush circle to highlight the page number and make them more noticeable. This tied everything together nicely and again fitted in with the colour scheme.








No comments:
Post a Comment